Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Alice Tilts The Mirror

Ever have one of those weird days?  I guess we all do.  Today was my turn.  It started slow and  normal and then took off  and fell into rabbit holes of things to do and deadlines to meet.  Now here it is almost 11pm and I'm sitting here typing instead of sleeping.

Today I saw the best in people and I saw joy and surprise.  I saw temperatures outside that were so hot that it was like walking around in an oven.  Today I cooked our dinner in a crock pot so as to not overheat the kitchen.  Today I saw beautiful flowers delivered along with some pink balloons.  Today was a protein shake for breakfast kind of day. 

Today was just one of those day where you want to find a quiet moment and make it last as long as you can.  I finally ended up picking up my old crochet hook, grabbing some yarn and started chaining.   I let my thoughts go to winter and the cold that is sure to come.  I guess we do those kinds of things when its so hot and dry and summer seems to be endless.  We think about the opposites.  I remember doing the same thing last winter when I was so tired of being cold.

So today will come to an end and tomorrow we will see what Alice throws at us from the Looking Glass.  Hopefully she will be in a kind and gentle mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment